December 12, 2011
Policy last updated: December 12, 2011.
1. Why does PCHSave&Win collect personal information? We collect certain personal information from our visitors to process and fulfil sweepstakes entries and to deliver to you certain savings and coupon offers. For example, we need your full name, e-mail address and postal address to verify eligibility and enter you in the sweepstakes, notify you if you've won a prize and to send you certain coupon and savings offers.
We may use the personal data we collect for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes, to report aggregate information to our marketing partners and others. We may use personal data you provide to operate, maintain, deliver, and communicate with you about the coupons, advertisements, content, and promotional offerings found on the site and to process and record coupon requesting and redemption activity. To provide our users with a more personalized and relevant web service, we may also collect and use personal data to identify users' specific interests and needs.
If given permission, we may notify our users of offers and information we feel may be of interest to them available from PCHSave&Win and our marketing partners. If you want to receive such offers from PCHSave&Win you will be presented with the option to sign up for such promotions and offers. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link or the “EZ Unsubscribe” seal in any email.
PCHSave&Win may present you with offers and promotions for third parties. Please be aware that if you choose to accept such offers and visit the sites of third parties we cannot be responsible for the activities or privacy policies of these third parties. We encourage you to review the Privacy Polices of any site you may visit and interact with.
We may share our unsubscribe list with select marketing partners to insure that individuals on this list do not receive electronic commercial mail messages containing PCHSave&Win advertisements that may be sent by such partners.
From time to time, we may post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer's name. We obtain the customer's consent prior to posting these testimonials.
If we provide Blogs or Chat opportunities on our site for your participation, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of this forum, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in this forum. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at privacychoices@pchmail. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
When you visit our site or open one of our emails, we use technology (including web beacons and cookies, IP addresses, unique device IDs, user IDs, and log files) to automatically collect non-personally identifiable information including:
- Coupon activity including the types of coupons that you choose.
- Application activity such as searches performed and features accessed.
- Web browser type.
- The website that referred you to us.
- The web pages you viewed on the Site.
- The advertisements you viewed and clicked on the Site.
- The dates and times that you visited the Site.
Additionally, when you download and install our coupon printing software we collect information about that device that helps us manage our products and services and detect and prevent coupon fraud. Instructions on uninstalling our coupon printer software are available at http://www.couponsinc.com/corp/source/u_uninstall.asp
PCHSave&Win will also collect information through the use of “cookies” and “pixel tags” as described below.
o Demographic: age, gender, income level
o Technical: IP address, domain name, e-mail address, site traffic
o Reference: name, land address, telephone number, password
Although most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, if you prefer, you can decline the placement of a cookie on your hard drive by using the appropriate feature(s) of your web browser software (if available) to delete the cookie. Please note, however, that certain areas on the site will not function properly if your web browser does not accept cookies.
“Pixel tracking“, a common process which may be used in connection with advertisements on other site, involves the use of pixel tags that are not visible to the user of the site and consist of a few lines of computer coding. Pixel tracking measures the effectiveness of these advertisements and compiles aggregate and specific usage statistics. A "pixel tag" is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of website you may visit and is used to track an individual user's activity. We may access these pixel tags to identify activity and interests that may allow us to better match our offers with your interests. For example, if you visit our Web site from an advertisement on another site, the pixel tag will allow the advertiser to track that their advertisement brought you to the PCHSave&Win site. If you visit our website and we link you to another site we may also be able to determine that you were sent to and/or transacted with a third party web site. This data is collected for use in our marketing and research. Personally identifiable information about you is not collected by the third party advertising company, nor is any tracking information generated from the pixel tag allowed to be used by them for any other purpose other than to report web site activity to us.
4. Does PCHSave&Win disclose user information to third parties? Unless provided permission to do so by users or as otherwise noted in this policy, PCHSave&Win only discloses user information in aggregate form to marketing partners. For example, we might tell a marketing partner how many users visited PCHSave&Win or completed transactions at our site over a period of time, but we will never tell them who it was that saw or clicked on their offer, unless that user has given us permission to do so.
PCHSave&Win believes that consumers should be able to control the use of their data. We will not share personally identifiable information with marketing partners unless you provide us permission. PCHSave&Win may present you with offers and promotions for third parties. Please be aware that if you choose to accept such offers or visit the sites of third parties that we cannot be responsible for the activities or privacy policies of these third parties. We may share our unsubscribe list with select marketing partners for the sole purpose of insuring that individuals on this list do not receive electronic commercial mail messages containing PCHSave&Win advertisements that may be sent by such partners.
We do not rent, license, or sell personal data to third parties unless permission is granted. In the event of a merger, acquisition, or change of control of PCHSave&Win, customer data would be considered a business asset and would be transferred. We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We may also disclose personal information as required by law or to protect the safety and security of our users.
We may use other third parties such as credit card processors and e-mail service providers to provide fulfillment and e-mail delivery services on our site. We may share your personally identifiable information as necessary for these third parties to provide these services. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose including their own marketing purposes.
Targeted or Behavioral Advertising: Targeted advertising (also known as Behavioral Advertising) uses information collected on an individual’s web browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to select which PCHSave&Win advertisement should be displayed to a particular individual on website other than PCHSave&Win. For example, if you have shown a preference for cooking while visiting PCHSave&Win, you may be served an advertisement from PCHSave&Win for cooking related products when you visit a site other than PCHSave&Win. The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number. The information used for targeted advertising either comes from PCHSave&Win or through third party website publishers.
5. Can I opt-out of PCHSave&Win data collection and/or distribution? Receiving promotional email messages from PCHSave&Win and our partners is optional. As noted earlier, the collection, use, and distribution of personal data helps us create a more personalized, relevant, and intelligent web service for our users. While some basic data is necessary to provide certain services, such as entry into the sweepstakes and fulfillment of certain offers through PCHSave&Win, there are some cases where the submission of information is optional.
We will not contact you with e-mail offers including discount alerts, special savings and offers unless you provide us permission. If you are already receiving PCHSave&Win emails and no longer wish to receive such communications, simply follow the “unsubscribe” instructions that appear in every PCHSave&Win e-mail, or contact us through our “Ask Us” page or by writing directly to Christopher L. Irving, Consumer & Privacy Affairs, PCHSave&Win, 382 Channel Drive, Port Washington, New York, 11050.
Please note that our Web site may utilize framing techniques that may provide the appearance that the user is still on our site when the user is actually on a third party Web site. Users can view the url listed in their browser to determine the actual site you are on.
7. What does PCHSave&Win do to keep their site secure? We have implemented a number of security features throughout the PCHSave&Win site that are intended to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to the user information we collect online. For example, database information is firewall protected. Also, only authorized PCHSave&Win personnel have access to any stored personal information we collect from our users. Moreover, if we ask for password and credit card information your submission to PCHSave&Win will be encrypted during transmission. Users should be aware that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers.
While we strive to create a secure and reliable site for our users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted over the Internet cannot be 100% guaranteed. Users should keep in mind that any information submitted through an Internet transaction is potentially accessible to the public, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without their consent. PCHSave&Win is not responsible or liable for illegal interception of personal data via any Internet transaction. When we collect and transmit sensitive data such as your credit card number, we encrypt it using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
8. Does PCHSave&Win collect information from users outside of the United States? The PCHSave&Win site is not directed to visitors residing outside of the United States and such users are not eligible to submit online sweepstakes entries. However, if indicated in the Official Rules on the site, some sweepstakes promoted on the PCHSave&Win may be open to residents of the U.K. and Canada. by sending a write-in entry to the address provided in the Official Rules.
9. Does PCHSave&Win collect personal information from children? The PCHSave&Win site is not targeted nor directed to children under the age of thirteen. PCHSave&Win does not intend to collect personally identifiable information from individuals in this age group. If PCHSave&Win receives actual notice that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personal information to PCHSave&Win, PCHSave&Win will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.